Tuesday, March 8, 2011

meditate your way to a six pack

Anyone who reads my blog may be wondering why I'm always writing about all this spiritual stuff and to be perfectly honest, I sometimes wonder why I can't just stick to writing about bench pressing and squats and be done with it. I guess I can't because that's not who I am, I know the direct connection to being centered mentally and how that automatically translates to being in top physical condition.
I've dabbled in meditation before but was never able to sustain a consistent practice, but over the last few months I've been able to sit down and meditate for at least 10 minutes a day and the results show. My practice has been focused on stress release and less about trying to attain a higher consciousness. When I focus my breath on the most pressing issue which is usually stress or anxietyI free myself from it. I have a clearer purpose of what it is I'd like to accomplish during my day and find the strength to move forward. In turn I sleep better, conserve more energy, have time and focus to eat right, train right and live the way I want to live. So focus on your breath, be still and get ripped.

1 comment: