Friday, March 4, 2011

perserverance:

steady persistence in a course of action, a purpose, a state, etc., especially in spite of difficulties, obstacles, or discouragement. ... This has been on my mind all day today in reference to phone call I had with a friend. My buddy was telling me about another personal trainer with many accomplishments both physically and academically, and not just in the field of fitness either. I know people or hear of people who've accomplished many things and I must say that I admire it. Were these people born with these gifts? Was there a certain drive that planted itself within their hearts, minds and souls in the womb? I don't know, because to tell you the truth I don't have it, I'm part of the "skilled people weren't born with their skills" group, the practice makes kinda good but not perfect click.
The reason I'm writing about this today is because hearing about this other trainer did elicit a reaction, which as I said earlier was admiration, In addition to that I had a sense of my own ability to achieve whatever goals I truly want to attain. In the past I would have thought of this guy as an asshole......without even knowing him, "probably got rich parents" I'd think and run with that and use it as an excuse not to move forward with my own plans.
I've changed, not due to wishing I would change but because of action, of trying to the best of my ability to practice what I preach, to show up no matter what, treat others as I would be treated, train each client as if they're my only one..... and all that other good shit. Do I do this perfectly? No, but I really do the best I can. That's what I'm expecting readers of this blog to do, the best they can, not the best that they think others might believe is their best, but they're true best. Set yourself free.

No comments:

Post a Comment