Tuesday, June 7, 2011

NY Spartan Race. 6/4/11

The spartan race sprint is 3 miles of brutal hill running, rock scrambling, obstacle scaling, javelin throwing and gladiator avoiding hell and it's the most painful fun I've had in a long time. I finished in the top 10% of the elite division and my clients Courtney and Margaret finished 1st and 9th (I'm blown away). This was a wicked tough race and all facets of my training were utilized. The aspect of Inside Out Training that that was most beneficial to me during the race was the mind-fullness that I always preach to all my students. Be aware of your energy levels, your abilities and your rate of recovery, training smart is the best way to become a winner. To me training smart means "I buy the whole package", strength, flexibility, agility, power and speed, and with these in your arsenal you'll never be a loser. To me, not being a loser is not letting myself down no matter what place I finish, it's knowing that there were no "holes" in my program and confirmation that I'm training effectively for what I want to excel at. I compete against myself, pushing as hard as I can, comfortable in my own abilities I find myself encouraging other racers, because that's who I want to be, and what I want to receive from other people. This is where I'm most at home, helping coaching and supporting, simply because I want the same things and hope to be treated the same way. This is winning at life, the person I want to be. There are more races to come, I feel re-invigorated and motivated for the next event, now I've got something to train for!

No comments:

Post a Comment